"... writing is a statement to the world that I dare to share; my thoughts, my emotions , my mistakes and my triumphs. It is an innocent self indulging feeling of being, of owning the moment. No interruptions, no arguments, no time limits, I can just say all I want to this ever patient piece of paper listening attentively to all my whims. When done, I look at my creation, with a mix of relief and hesitation. It may not be perfect, but it is part of me. It is not ideal , but neither am I. I think it is ready to be." Dr. M

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Positive thinking

Looking at the current state of the country it is hard to find something positive to talk or think about. It is always a lot easier to count the negatives in our lives instead of the positives. So let us try to think in a positive way. Instead of thinking that we have a disaster for a president, we can just remember that it is only few months and he is not there in the white house working hard to make it harder for us. Low blows and rumor based attacks on Obama, are really proof that his message of hope and change is reaching people and making his rivals really scared. It is proof they do not have substantial things to say. The slow housing market may have made your home value lower and harder to sell, but you need to be thankful to have your home to start with. You may also think of the opportunities this market is opening for you to buy real estate at bargain prices if you want to venture into this traditional wealth making approach. The soaring gas prices could be thought of as a powerful force pushing us towards developing greener energy and weaning us off our dependence on oil. A falling dollar, a rising inflation, and a slowing economy could be thought of as just very loud wake up calls that may just have arrived at the right time. It is always better to wake up now than later.

If all this still looks depressing, look at those in your life, those that love you for who you are, not what you have, and be thankful for them for this love cannot be bought anywhere.

No comments: