"... writing is a statement to the world that I dare to share; my thoughts, my emotions , my mistakes and my triumphs. It is an innocent self indulging feeling of being, of owning the moment. No interruptions, no arguments, no time limits, I can just say all I want to this ever patient piece of paper listening attentively to all my whims. When done, I look at my creation, with a mix of relief and hesitation. It may not be perfect, but it is part of me. It is not ideal , but neither am I. I think it is ready to be." Dr. M
Friday, February 22, 2008
Beacons of Love
Writing that story about my aunt has actually stirred so many emotions in me, my family and many who read the story and shared their feelings with me, but preferred not to have their comments published. This made me believe more that sharing what sometimes we feel are personal stories can in fact touch others in ways that we never expect. Many will have their own versions of the same story. My aunt, your uncle, her mom and his cousin share so much even though they have never met, they have never read the same books or watched the same TV shows. They do not speak the same language, yet they speak of the same ideas. They stand in our lives as beacons of love. Often, we take them for granted and sometimes by the time we realize their importance, it is too late to thank them for all they have given. Make it a priority today or tonight to honor one of those pillars over which your life stands. They will not ask or wait for our thanks, yet it so important for us to do. For as we do, we understand better how and what they did to make us. We learn how to become beacons of love ourselves. We learn how to be to others what they were to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment