My wife received an email that was sent to all her coworkers with the title "Allah or the Lord Jesus Christ". The title was alarming. In the email there is a story about this clever man who trapped an unidentified Imam to sweating the truth about how each Muslim is commanded to kill an infidel to secure a place in heaven.
I felt disturbed by the story, how did all my teachers, my parents and all the Imams I dealt with forget to mention that. How clever of this man to discover in 2 minutes what I failed to discover all my life. He actually discovered something my family in the tens of generations that they have lived as peaceful Muslims, failed to discover about Islam. If this is true, then all my ancestors have really failed that test. Even worse they forgot to teach that to my parents who forgot to teach it to me. My parents taught me to call on my Christian friends on their holidays to wish them happy holidays and to call their older non-Muslim friends as uncles and aunts.
I think the problem goes even beyond my family, for all those Muslims that I have personally known are really in much of the same trouble. I have seen them socialize with their infidel neighbors and colleagues at work, share food with them, tell jokes and laugh with them, cry and mourn with them. Their kids go to school with the kids of the infidels. They are taught in their schools by the infidels.
If that story is true, I better plan on a bumpy ride in the hereafter because I love the version of Islam that my family, relatives, and friends are practicing. This is the version that I was taught and will to teach my children. I will teach them to pray for God, to fast during Ramadan to learn how the poor suffers, to give part of their savings for charity, to make a cleansing pilgrimage if they can. I will teach them not to lie, not to envy, not to kill an innocent soul, not to steal or commit adultery. I will teach them to have compassion for all God's creation. I will teach them that "Jesus is the Messiah. He is a Word from Allah, and a spirit from Him. He is honored in this world and in the hereafter." In short I will teach them to be one of the vast majority of Muslims around the world.
2 comments:
Dr. M
I am sure I can read very different article but with the same title. Article that basically contradict every sentence you said, including how parents teaches their children. An article that is so upset about why we don't finish those infidel these days compared to before? This means one thing, the title is not a valid title. I am not saying you are wrong, I like your "version" as you put it. But that is the issue, there are many versions and you can't really say, your version is the right version! There is no one version of Islam, there are many. In fact, for every religion created there are many versions, maybe not as diverse as Islam, because of its wide spread, but many interpretations, followers, scholars etc.... So, what does that mean? It means that the problem is us, human being. Human, very few of them, gave us the concept of religion and this external unseen power that doesn't work in a logical manner (is that is why some are so impressed with it!). An external power that claim fairness, but doesn't do anything to fix unfairness in this life, an external power that claims smartness but it is beyond any logical explanations I know of.
I truly believe if God existed, he would show up these days to fix those many versions of Islam, because it is hurting people, innocent people and according to all the versions of Islam, God is fair and smart, isn't it time to show that, I have been waiting 1400 years! I am not challenging God, I want him/her to fix Islam's image. I am always wondering, why God messages left earth 1400 years ago, well good answer is, it never did from first place.
I know by now you are saying I am one of those infidels, but guess what, I am one of those who used to believe in the same version you are believing in now, I am one of those who I know for sure that, according to shariah, I should be punished by death because one day, I was born holding the same version you mentioned in your article and now I let go, because I don't find it logical or responsive. Am I afraid to say my name, yes unfortunately. I love my life, and I love living it. I love my friends who are believers and none believers, I love nature and animals. I love to be "True human".
Helpful blog, bookmarked the website with hopes to read more!
Post a Comment