"... writing is a statement to the world that I dare to share; my thoughts, my emotions , my mistakes and my triumphs. It is an innocent self indulging feeling of being, of owning the moment. No interruptions, no arguments, no time limits, I can just say all I want to this ever patient piece of paper listening attentively to all my whims. When done, I look at my creation, with a mix of relief and hesitation. It may not be perfect, but it is part of me. It is not ideal , but neither am I. I think it is ready to be." Dr. M

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

On the economy

I am not an economist, but I find it hard to understand whose economy will benefit the most from the stimulus package of 150 Billion dollars that the government will give us to spend. I find it harder and harder everyday to find anything that is Made in USA. Wouldn't a large part of this stimulus package just add up to the 650 Billion dollars in trade deficit? Noone wants a recession, but shouldn't this economic stimulus have some provisions to really stimulate the ailing manufacturing sector in the US? Shouldn't this plan include funding for the America COMPETES ACT? Shouldn't this plan allocate some money to fund R&D. Some will argue that these are long term solutions we
need a quick fix. It seems we have been trying these quick fixes for a long time and we have only been losing manufacturing jobs and building an enormous trade deficit. Let us include something in this emergency plan that aims at the future of our kids not just at this election cycle.

No comments: