"... writing is a statement to the world that I dare to share; my thoughts, my emotions , my mistakes and my triumphs. It is an innocent self indulging feeling of being, of owning the moment. No interruptions, no arguments, no time limits, I can just say all I want to this ever patient piece of paper listening attentively to all my whims. When done, I look at my creation, with a mix of relief and hesitation. It may not be perfect, but it is part of me. It is not ideal , but neither am I. I think it is ready to be." Dr. M

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Cycle of Life

At this time of the year I cannot help but notice the similarity between the seasons of the year and those of the human life. Looking at the trees as they change color and probably look their best as the spring or fall seasons start, has never failed to make me look at my kids or browse in the mirror to see the grey areas that is starting to form in my hair. Human life seems to follow the same cycle of a tree. The two most interesting seasons of the year are spring and fall. Both have their beauties. Spring is just like our childhood. The freshness of the season with the flowers and emerging leaves is as fascinating as our growing up as kids with our laughs and worry free life. The fall is the season of maturity, where as humans we give our best efforts, produce our masterpieces and reach our potential. It is followed by the winter with its sad leafless trees. This leaves our youth to match with the summer season. A season where we enjoy life, but we are just dull green. We are at our best health, but for the most part we are featureless.

No comments: