"... writing is a statement to the world that I dare to share; my thoughts, my emotions , my mistakes and my triumphs. It is an innocent self indulging feeling of being, of owning the moment. No interruptions, no arguments, no time limits, I can just say all I want to this ever patient piece of paper listening attentively to all my whims. When done, I look at my creation, with a mix of relief and hesitation. It may not be perfect, but it is part of me. It is not ideal , but neither am I. I think it is ready to be." Dr. M

Monday, February 18, 2008

The Joy of Writing

I think it is official now. Writing has become my favorite hobby inching ahead of reading. Writing is our life experiences processed through the unique filter of our being and displayed proudly for others to see, critique, and enjoy. Writing is a record for those around us and those that will follow showing who we were and what and how we experienced our lives. Some of those records might seem ridiculous and even embarrassing, when viewed by others, but still they have captured parts of us that would have otherwise vanished if not recorded. Our lives are so short and these thoughts and ideas might be all that is left from us for our friends, families and even complete strangers to experience. They may carry the wisdom or idiocy that is needed by someone to make the decision of their life. I especially like the fact that my kids who may have difficulty buying into any of what I say now may have another shot at reading and understanding what I wanted to say when they are ready.

To me personally, writing is a statement to the world that I dare to share; my thoughts, my emotions , my mistakes and my triumphs. It is an innocent self indulging feeling of being, of owning the moment. No interruptions, no arguments, no time limits, I can just say all I want to this ever patient piece of paper listening attentively to all my whims. When done, I look at my creation, with a mix of relief and hesitation. It may not be perfect, but it is part of me. It is not ideal , but neither am I. I think it is ready to be.

1 comment:

SUM UNIVERSAL said...

I agree, these are the reasons why I'm writing, too.