"... writing is a statement to the world that I dare to share; my thoughts, my emotions , my mistakes and my triumphs. It is an innocent self indulging feeling of being, of owning the moment. No interruptions, no arguments, no time limits, I can just say all I want to this ever patient piece of paper listening attentively to all my whims. When done, I look at my creation, with a mix of relief and hesitation. It may not be perfect, but it is part of me. It is not ideal , but neither am I. I think it is ready to be." Dr. M

Monday, February 4, 2008

The Giants are Champions of the World

"The Giants are Champions of the World," The Fox channel commentator kept repeating that sentence so many times at the end of a great superbowl game yesterday in which the giants defeated the arrogant New England team. I did celeberate the win of the NY Giants, but I just could not swallow that declaration. It just sounded so egotistic and factually wrong. As far as I know no one around the world was competing in the National Footbal League, not even our northern neighbors. I am also not aware of other countries outside North America that plays our American style of football anyway. So why get the world involved in our national game. The Giants won the US national championship and that is a great honor. Let us just call it the way it is. We do not have to babble world domination terms even in sports that only we care about.

No comments: